Giloy: Benefits and Uses
- The latest research findings highly upholds the importance of healthy gut microbiome as a source of balanced immunity and good health. Some plant based prebiotics are hugely preferred as they contain a group of polysaccharides including arabinose and arabinogalactans from the stem of the Giloy / Guduchi plant that acts as food/nutrient for good bacteria in the gut, thereby promoting a healthy microbiome in the gut, and which repopulate and restore healthy gut ecosystem.
- Giloy has been hailed for its medicinal properties and a host of health benefits. The scientific name of this age-old miraculous herb is Tinospora Cordifolia and it is also known as ‘Amrita’ in Sanskrit, which literally translates to ‘nectar
- Giloy helps in boosting immunity.
- Giloy performs important functions to keep our cells healthy and rid us of disease. Along with this, it is also considered appropriate to purify the blood, fight bacteria, remove toxins, etc. Considered to be antipyretic,
- Giloy is also considered very beneficial for fighting dangerous diseases such as dengue, swine flu, malaria and is used to relieve fever.
- In Giloy Benefit, it is also considered to improve digestion and solve bowel related problems. Giloy juice works wonders to reduce high levels of blood sugar.
- Giloy was previously used as an adaptogenic herb since time immemorial. It is proven to be very fruitful for reducing mental stress and anxiety, as it relieves toxins and enhances our memory.
- One of the advantages of Giloy is that it also helps in reducing problems like cough, cold and tonsils. Elderly people who have a joint pain problem, they can get rid of their problem by boiling the powder of Giloy stem in milk and consuming it. It is difficult to treat conditions like chest tightness, shortness of breath, wheezing, etc. due to asthma. By chewing the root of Giloy and drinking its juice, the problem of such patients can be solved.
- Apart from all these advantages, Giloy plants can be applied to the eyes to increase the vision opacity of the eyes. If you want to reduce dark spots, pimples, and wrinkles, we can use Giloy as it has anti-ageing properties which are considered beneficial for brightening the skin.