Flax is in two different varieties: oil and seeds (whole or ground)
- Omega-6 essential fatty acids
- Omega-9 nonessential fatty acids
(EFA’s (essential fatty acids) are required by the body but must be obtained through the diet)
Flaxseeds are rich in
B 6 vitamins
- Nerve and brain health:
- The fatty acids help to keep the brain and it’s plumbing healthy. Nerves stay covered with a nice layer of fat … which makes for a happy nervous system.
- Help regulate blood sugar:
- Magnesium is an essential (must get it in your food) nutrient that helps regulate blood sugar levels. When blood sugar levels are under control and not spiking up and down, it is easier to lose weight and decrease fat storage
3.Weight loss :
- Flaxseeds have great oxidative abilities to help increase metabolism. With a proper, well-balanced nutrition and workout program weight will come off easier
flaxseed also helps the cardiovascular system. It acts to thin the blood to prevent clotting and helps cholesterol. Research shows that due to its low-saturated fat content, and its high poly-unsaturated fat. flax is helpful at lowing LDL (bad) cholesterol while having a minimal effect on the HDL (good) cholesterol.